In the vast mountain range north of the Wildwood, there stands an ominous tower. The outside has been reported to have actual scales covering it, and the top of the structure is designed like the head of a serpent. Within the halls of this weyr are a clan of aggressive serpent demon worshippers. It is said that not only do they have a clan of hill giants under their thrall, but they have several types of reptilian creatures in their midst.
Level Range: 51-51
Walking route from Aelmon: 16e, [e], 2e, n, 2e, 3s, 3e, 3n, 2w, 3n, w, n, e, n, e, 3n, 2e, 2s, 3e, 2s, 2e, 3s, 3e, n, 2e, n, e, 2n, e, 2s, d, w, 5n, 2w, 5n, e, 3n, w, 5n, 2w, u.
The area has several logical parts:
- The cave system that connects to the hill giant hall to the west (which is a 3x3 area), and Serpent Weyr ground floor to the east,
- Serp. Weyr ground floor - a set of empty cells and the witch at the end,
- Serp. Wery military floor - some easy warrior mobs, watch out for the war room (3 aggie mobs),
- Serp. Weyr sorcery floor - a solitary sorcerer and his pet demon,
- Serp. Weyr noble floor - three aggressive mobs/bosses, the king has the grand serpent hood,
- Serp. Weyr top floor - three dragons (each breathes different spittle) in pens and a rider.
This is a rather smallish area with generally small mobs that are appropriate for lowhero casters to solo, or small (also lowhero) brutish duos to run through. The experience is low-to-average, even when soloing, and the gear is lackluster nowadays, save for the grand serpent hood on King Ka'plar, a fine hero mana head-piece.
To enter the Serpent Weyr proper you will need a key, which can usually be looted from the Hill Giant King's dead body. In the Weyr itself, the mob difficulty will rise with the floors, but all these can be soloed by a single 101 caster, so don't be overly frightened to mass murder the entire Weyr. The dragons on the top floor will have a nasty habit of tailing, so if you are a caster you may want to avoid these, unless you are certain you can survive 15ish seconds of lag while they breathe electricity or acid on you.
The biggest mob is King Ka'plar (who is also in sanctuary, and is portable, should you only require his head with the head-piece), but two or three surge 3 disintegrates will drop him easily.
Overall, this is a nice and easy-going exploration-based area that doesn't feature quests and is a good test for your small lowheroes if you are bored with the regular areas.