Welcome to Legend!
If you have not done so, you should type "lore initiation" to get started.
This command unlocks lores which will be discussed later.
The very next thing you should do is read help NEWLEGEND...
250 NEWLEGEND 'NEW LEGEND' 'NEW LEGEND HELPS' NEWLEGENDHELPS Congratulations on earning your status as Legend! Overview This help file has been created to help ease your transition into the tier. Upon completion of Troika you will have been randomly assigned to one of the three existing legend teams - Silver, Gold or Azure. This is not a permanent assignment and each epoch (explained later) you will again be randomly chosen for a team. The basic goal in the Legend tier is to co-operate with your team mates to defend and take control of Objects of Power which are placed at strategic points around the Legend Realms. Once any team manages to conquer all these Objects the Legend tier is reset and a new epoch begins. Legendary Characters Upon Troika you did not completely leave behind your lord form. Planeshifting from the Legendary realm to Thorngate is possible from your team's legend gateway - the same room room you found yourself in when you initially completed Troika. Returning to your legend form can be done via the use of the ACTUALIZE command. These two characters are mutually exclusive. You exist in one form or the other and each will have its own sets of gear, spell affects, abilities, worship and other related attributes. A significant departure from lower tiers is the concept of LORE. Not to be confused with the low mortal skill of the same name, this command effectively replaces the PRACTICE command as the method for obtaining skills. The lores available to be learned are acquired via LORE POINTS. As a legend you will not be tied to your original class in that you are free to acquire lores from different classes if that is your preference. Your original class will however have an impact on the cost of the various lores that are available. I.e. lores similar to your original class will cost fewer LORE POINTS to acquire. Although your initial hit, mana and move points will be generated based on your original pre-legend class, the GENESIS spell is available which will re-balance your stats to better match the lores you have currently learned. Once a legend team wins and triggers a new epoch you will lose all your current skills and lores and you will once again be given lore points to allocate as you please. Additional lore points will be awarded if you were part of the winning team from the previous epoch along with extra lore points as a result of an advanced legend sub level. You will also notice that normal mud communication is different for legends. The TELL command will still work as expected but public channels are limited to SILVERCHAT, GOLDCHAT and AZURECHAT depending on your current team. TEAMCHAT may also be available at immortal discretion which is a global chat visible to all legends. Legend characters are permitted to MULTIPLAY with one other character so long as the legend character remains in the Legendary Realm for the duration that the other alt is logged in. Legendary Equipment You arrive in the Legendary Realms without any equipment. Equipment can be obtained in the regular ways that you are familiar with from previous tiers. You can also obtain a temporary set of equipment with the use of the FURNISH spell which you can learn via use of the LORE command. Legendary Realms Currently the LEGENDARY REALM consist of the Planar Nexus as well as Strands, Plain, Tower, Fortress and Citadel areas for each team. (i.e. there are Azure Strands, Silver Strands and Golden Strands). Each of these team themed areas contains a randomly assigned Object of Power. Control of this object results in control of the area it is located in. At the start of each epoch these objects will be controlled by the team which matches the area. E.g. the Object in the Silver Citadel will be controlled by the Silver team by default which will give them control of the area. Controlling an area means that mobs in that area will regard you as team mates and will not be hostile towards you. Controlling these OBJECTS OF POWER provide continual boons to every player in the controlling team. In addition to the continual boon you can use the COMMUNE spell at an Object of Power to further benefit from controlling it. Further some doors, which otherwise will not open for you without force, can be manipulated easily by the controlling team. Have fun! The AVATAR staff have put in a lot of effort into creating this tier. Please enjoy it responsibly! The foundations for the tier are now in place but there will be continual development over the coming months and years. Your comments and suggestions are welcome via notes to immortal. Enjoy! It should be noted that any forms of helping members of opposing teams to gain experience, conquer your own teams powerpoints, farm gemstones or similar are considered a loophole and will be treated as such. See also: OBJECTS OF POWER, ASPECTS, LORE COMMAND, LEGENDARY REALMS, ACTUALIZE, FURNISH, COMMUNE, CONQUER.
- Can only homeshift/planeshift to Thorngate or Midgaardia from gateway. (Note: At the moment, you *can* planeshift to other planes which *does* have no lag, but I would highly recommend against it if you want to keep your pfile...both pfiles, that is. May be disabled in the future.)
- The ACTUALIZE command (not spell), which only works from Thorngate, returns you from your Lord status to your Legend status.
- The LORE command is how you get your spells and skills.
- LORE INFO <lorename> tells you what skills given/taken away with a lore
- LORE INFO <skill/spell name> tells you which lores give that skill/spell
- PREREQ <lorename> tells you what lores are required to be able to achieve that lore
- The GENESIS spell rerolls your character after you have lored to achieve better stats suited to the lores you picked (though may not be what you want).
- TELLS work normally, no other channels are available except for the legend ones
- EMOTES are disabled at legend
- TEAMCHAT is a channel that all Legends can see
- GOLDCHAT, SILVERCHAT, and AZURECHAT are channels that only players of that team can see/talk on that channel.
- Currently toggling TEAMCHAT also toggles the respective colored team chat because they are one channel.
- Legends may multiplay one other alt as long as the Legend is on the Legendary Realm
- All legends receive the FURNISH spell (included with the initiation lore), which gives a temporary (until death) set of gear.
- FURNISH gear expires when you die
- The Legendary Realm consists of
- the Planar Nexus
- For each team:
- Tower, Fortress, Citadel, Bastion, and Keep (the powerpoints)
- Each powerpoint contains a randomly assigned object of power (reset randomly each epoch)
- The current state of the powerpoints may be seen through the POWERSTATE SHOW command
- A history of the powerpoints and who won them can be seen with POWERSTATE SHOW ## where ## is a number from 1 to the current epoch number
- When a team is in control of a powerpoint, they may use the COMMUNE spell at an object of power to gain boons from them.
- A player can only have one COMMUNE boon active at any one time. (Use the ablution spell to change boons.)
- Once successfully infiltrating another team's node, a player (only one is required) may use the CONQUER command to attempt to take control of that node.
- CONQUER SHOW is available to see the status of the nodes, however POWERSTATE SHOW is the newer preferred method.
That's only the start of it.
There is however one important spell not mentioned in the helpfile: WORD OF ESCAPE. This spell (included with the initiation lore) is the ONLY way to get back to your gateway from outside the gateway. This process however is not instant. You cannot be interrupted by mobs or other players during this time. There is an initial lag from the spell, then a longer lag before you are returned to your gateway.
alias woe c 'word of escape'
alias psh powerstate show --The powerstate command is also available for non-Legends, so any non-Legend alt can see the status of the nodes at any time